Renovations on the 4-H Building, located on the MetraPark fairgrounds, are continuing. Since 2012, Yellowstone County 4-H has been working on a project to renovate the aging building. In order to prevent demolition of this historical building it must be brought up to current building codes.
Built in the 1920’s, the “Sage Center” was one of the first structures on the fairgrounds. It has served many purposes for both 4-H groups and county events (including MontanaFair).
Now called the 4-H Building, the building has undergone costly exterior and interior renovations. Renovations occur as funds are raised for the needed projects. UPDATES COMPLETED IN 2015!
• Restrooms have been completely demolished and must be redesigned to include handicap accessible stalls and fixtures. They have been framed in and electricity has been run.
• Plumbing and electrical are being brought up to current codes.
• Carpet has been removed.
• The concrete floor was repaired and new flooring installed.
• Ceiling tiles have been made repaired and the entire ceiling painted.
• Damaged concrete in the front doorway has been removed and replaced.
• New doors and locks have been installed.
• A contractor has been hired to replace the roof.
Most of the work has been completed and paid for by 4-H club members (who are taking advantage of as many fundraising opportunities as possible) and the generous donations of cash, labor, materials and equipment by local community members, 4-H families and businesses. We have experienced a great deal of support and we are extremely thankful!
In order to continue and complete the necessary interior renovations, we must find more funding for the project. We are reaching out for support and asking that you please consider a financial contribution toward the 4-H Building project. Any amount is appreciated. Some estimated amounts are listed below. Sponsor a chair, sink or water heater! TO DO LIST
- REBUILD BATHROOMS
- SHEETROCK, PAINTING, TILE, WALL BOARD, MIRRORS, SINKS (4 @ $125 each), TOILETS (2 still needed @ $150 each), URINALS, PARTITIONS AND GRAB BARS, DOORS (2 @ $90 each), FIXTURES
- KITCHETTE (APPLIANCES ALREADY DONATED)
- CABINETS, COUNTERTOPS, SINK ($700), WATER HEATER ($900)
- STEEL SIDING TO COMPLETE THE WORK AROUND THE DOORS REMOVE PILLARS ON THE SIDE DOOR
- TRIM FOR THE WINDOWS
- BLINDS FOR THE WINDOWS (15 @ $95 each)
- BASEBOARDS FOR THE INTERIOR OF THE ROOM AND THE PILLARS
- CHAIRS (100 @ $20 each) AND TABLES (10 @ $50 each)
- CEILING TILES (3 boxes @ $55 each)AND LIGHTS (45 T8 lights needed @ $50 each)
- MOTION LIGHTS FOR THE EXTERIOR (4 @ $80 each)
- WALL REPAIRED WHERE THE STAGE WAS REMOVED
Donations are tax deductible and should be made to Yellowstone County 4-H Council. We are also looking for in-kind donations of any of the above listed items or labor. If you are able to help with these items please contact the Extension Office.
For additional information about how you can help with this project visit our website below or contact Roni Baker by phone or e-mail.
Donations are tax deductible and can be made to:
Yellowstone County 4-H Council
PO Box 35021
Billings, MT 59107